Do you wish to enhance range and accessibility of your wireless network? If yes, then you should install a Linksys extender at your place. An extender helps in expansion of your network coverage and boost wifi signals around you. In today’s world, you hardly find anyone, who doesn’t want wifi coverage in their house. With this device anyone can enjoy wifi coverage all day long by installing a range extender. An extender takes wireless signals from the key router. After taking signals from the router it multiplies the signals. We can say Linksys extender setup process is the best solution for the areas with low availability of wireless signals & dead zones. Here on this page, we have come up with the method which will help you in setting up a Linksys extender. You can setup Linksys extender by using its default web address extender.linksys.com. If you don’t know how to setup a Linksys range extender, we will provide a few points which will help you. Go through the steps and expand network coverage at your place.
How to Setup Linksys RE6700 Extender?
- Ensure you have a working internet connection.
- Keep your wifi name handy with its security key.
- Plug in your Linksys RE6700 Extender into a power outlet. Next, check if the lights start blinking orange before the extender setup begins or not.
- Now make use of a mobile device or a computer. After this, connect your device to the Linksys range extender’s default SSID. If you don’t know the extender’s default SSID, take our experts’ help.
How to Access Web-Based Setup Page of the Linksys Range Extender?
- Launch a web browser on your device. Next, enter Linksys extender’s default web address extender.linksys.com into browser’s address bar.
- If you are not able to use this address, try using Linksys extender’s default IP address 192.168.1.1.
- Next, click on the Start Setup option.
- You will see, as a wireless range extender option is selected, by default. Click Next, to proceed further.
- Choose your wifi network.
- Type your Wi-Fi password in the given field & then click Next.
- In the next window, you will be asked to configure the extended wireless network that which the range extender will broadcast. Here you can modify the settings or leave the settings on default , choose whatever you like and click on Next.
Troubleshoot Linksys Extender Setup Issues
Issue: – I am not able to access Linksys extender, what should I do?
Solution: – First, check if you are connected to the network or not?
- If you are using wireless Internet, chances are that you have mistakenly connected to another wireless network.
- To fix the issue, right-click on the wireless icon of your desktop.
- Next, view the Available Wireless Networks; it will display a list of available wifi networks.
To know further Troubleshooting tips, give us a call on our toll-free number. You can also get answers to your queries, through live chat which you can do with our experts.