Getting a reliable Wi-Fi range into the far corners of your home can be a challenge, but it doesn’t need to be if you install the Linksys range extender to fill in the gaps in the Wi-Fi coverage. Linksys extender setup is a straightforward way to improve your existing home Wi-Fi situation. Setting up the Linksys wifi extender is a plug-and-play process. All you need to do is plop it down next to your router and plug it into an available outlet. In this article, you will learn the whole process of the Linksys wireless extender setup.
How to set up the Linksys range extender?
Getting the extender up and running is a simple process. You can either use the WPS or a web browser method to get the extender installed. If you use the WPS button to connect your extender to the router then you may never need to access the extender’s interface. However, if you want to change the settings of the extender then you have to access the extender.linksys.com dashboard.
Linksys extender setup with WPS button
- First of all, place the extender closer to the router and plug it in.
- When it turns on, hit the WPS button located on the extender.
- Now, head over to your router and hit the WPS button on it.
- When the extender connects to the router, the WPS LED will flash white light, indicating a strong connection between the two.
- Once done, the extender will automatically clone the network settings from your router.
- Now, you can find a good spot to place the extender.
- The best way to get Wi-Fi coverage is by placing the extender halfway between the router and the dead spot.
Note: In case, the router’s link LED doesn’t flash white light, move the extender closer to the router.
Steps to access the extender.linksys.com dashboard
If you decide to set up the Linksys extender using the www.extender.linksys.com web interface, then you need to connect over a wired or wireless connection to log in. The quick setup wizard will take you through all the essential steps to complete the Linksys extender setup process. Follow the steps mentioned below to log into the extender’s interface.
- The first step is to plug in the extender to an available outlet and turn on the power.
- Now, connect the extender to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Use another Ethernet cable and connect it from the extender to your computer system.
- Now, open a browser on the connected PC and type extender.linksys.com in the address bar.
- If this address doesn’t take you to the Linksys extender login page then you can use the http://192.168.1.1 default IP address.
- Next, type the username and password of the extender in their respective fields.
- Look for the default login details of the Linksys extender on its product label.
- Press the login tab to log into the web interface of the extender.
- Run the setup wizard and follow the prompts on the screen.
- Now, choose the network name that you want to extend.
- Head to the Wireless section and then click on the Basic Wireless Settings.
- Then set the radio button to Manual and enter the SSID name of the extender.
- Next, click on the Wireless Security tab under Wireless.
- You need to configure the security settings that match your router’s settings.
- Now, choose the security mode as well as encryption key such as WPA2/WPA2-PSK.
- Then enter the passphrase key and click on the Save button.
- Once done, unplug the extender and place the extender at a good spot.
Extender.linksys.com not working? Follow these troubleshooting tips
- Check the cable connections between the extender and the router.
- Make sure the Ethernet cable is properly plugged in from the extender to your router.
- Next, check if the Ethernet cable is attached from the extender to your PC.
- If the connections are fine, then try rebooting the extender as well as your computer system.
- Make sure the default gateway you have typed in the browser’s address bar is correct.
- You can use the http://192.168.1.1 to access the Linksys extender login page.
- Next, update the Linksys extender firmware to its latest version.
- If all of the above steps failed to fix the issue, then reset the extender to the factory default settings.
This was all about how to set up the Linksys range extender through the www.extender.linksys.com interface. We hope that you liked this article. If you have any queries related to this topic, then you can ask our technical team. Our team of experts is always available to assist you in the best possible ways. You can reach out to them on the helpline number.