To get faster Wi-Fi speed and for better network protection, one must update Linksys RE6700 extender firmware as soon as it is available. Linksys RE6700 extender can easily extend your wireless network to hard to reach locations in your home. Linksys provides firmware updates for their devices after some time. It is mandatory to update the Linksys extender to ensure proper connectivity. By performing Linksys re6700 firmware update, you can avoid bugs, intermittent wireless connection, and other issues associated with your extender.
Why is it important to perform Linksys Extender Firmware Update?
When you update the firmware of Linksys RE6700 extender, it will automatically fix the existing bugs and improve the functionality of the device. If you are encountering some Linksys RE6700 extender setup issues, you can update the firmware to fix it.
The Linksys re6700 firmware update will improve the overall performance of your Linksys device. Here are some simple to make you understand how to update Linksys re6700 extender.
How to Update Linksys RE6700 Extender?
To ensure the trouble-free working for your Linksys re6700 extender, you must update its firmware by following the below-given steps:
Find the latest Firmware file for your Linksys Extender
The first step is to find the latest firmware file for your Linksys re6700 extender from the Linksys support website.
- Go to the Linksys support website.
- Enter the model number of your Linksys extender i.e. re6700 in the search box.
- Click on the ‘Download’ option.
- It may take a few seconds.
- Once the firmware is downloaded, save the latest firmware file on your computer.
Linksys RE6700 Firmware Update
Now, you need to log into your extender’s web interface by using the web address extender.linksys.com for the Linksys extender firmware update.
- Open a browser of your choice and enter http://extender.linksys.com into its address bar.
- Linksys extender login page will appear.
- You will be prompted to enter the login username and password.
- Click ‘Login’
- Once you are into Linksys re6700 extender setup page, click on the ‘administration’ tab.
- Click on the ‘firmware update’ option.
- Click on the ‘browse’ option.
- Now, select the file that you have downloaded earlier. Click ‘Open’
- The firmware file will start uploading.
- Once the Linksys extender firmware update is done, click ‘save’
- Now, you need to reboot your Linksys RE6700 extender.
these were the simple instructions to make you understand how to update Linksys RE6700 extender. If you face issues while updating the Linksys extender firmware, you can reset your device to its factory default settings. To reset Linksys re6700 extender, you need to press and hold the reset button for a few seconds by using a pin. Release the button as soon as the LED starts blinking. Now, sign in to your extender and try updating the firmware automatically.
For more info on Linksys re6700 firmware update, you can get in touch with our technical team and ask for their advice.